Posted: October 1, 2014
Click on PROPERTY TAX STATEMENT SEARCH button to the left
The San Juan County Treasurer's office is located on the main floor of the Courthouse
in Friday Harbor Washington
Public office hours are 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
The Treasurer's Office strives to provide exemplary service to all our customers
by being responsive, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. We are committed to
maintaining public trust in the performance of our duties.
WHAT WE DO:
The County Treasurer serves as the Ex Officio Treasurer for Junior Districts and
School Districts and is the custodian of all funds for the County, Junior Districts
and School Districts.
Jan Sears -
Property Taxes and Special Assessments
- Create Real and Personal Property Tax Rolls
- Print and mail tax and assessment statements
- Collect and receipt tax/assessment payments
- Perform tax cancellations and supplements when property boundaries are changed and
changes to tax status for tax exemption programs
- Maintain Utility Local Improvement Districts Assessment Rolls
- Bill and collect assessments for the "ULID" Districts
- Agent for Department of Revenue Special Tax Division
- Collect State and County Excise Tax on Real Property Sales
- Maintain County's historical records for Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavits
- Compute and distribute Leasehold and Timber Excise Tax due to eligible taxing districts
- Perform daily and monthly reconciliation with depositary bank to balance deposits
and disbursements for all funds.
- Manage accounting records for all revenues received, treasurer's checks disbursed
and prepare monthly reports for County departments, Junior Districts, School Districts,
for revenue and expenditure activity.
- Account for and prepare monthly reports to State Agencies and Town of Friday Harbor
for monies collected on their behalf by the County
- Coordinate County Bond Sales
- Responsible for bond issue and long term debt payments for County, Junior and School
- Invest funds for Junior Districts and School district by order of legislative authority
- Invest and manage residual cash to cash flow requirements
Foreclosure and Distraint of Real and Personal Property
- Maintains records of property with delinquent taxes
- Conducts Treasurer's Tax Foreclosure Sale
- Distrains (Seizes and sells personal property or liens to real property) for non
payment of property taxes.
Sales and Lodging Tax
- Monitor sales tax collections for County
- Monitor Lodging Tax Collections for County
- Compile monthly, quarterly and YTD distribution reports
- File Claims for tax payments with Courts and track status of property owner cases